Partners & Alliances Manager (APAC & MENA)
Pointr is a deep location platform scale up, based in London, pioneering indoor location / IoT for world's largest venues and brands, particularly in retail, aviation and industrial to date. Founded over 5 years ago, Pointr has a very strong technology focus, with its team composed of computer scientists (several PhD's and a professor) and a handful of patents under its belt. World renowned retailers (such as Harrods and others), some of the world's busiest airports (such as Dubai International Airport and London Gatwick Airport) in addition to global top industrial players (such as Bosch, OSRAM) choose Pointr and we recently announced a project with US Government (Department of Homeland Security).
In order to ensure we capitalise on the amazing opportunity that lies ahead of us, we are looking for a high performing Business Development Manager to accelerate Pointr’s success in its key target sectors of retail & aviation.
We are looking for someone with an outstanding track record of delivering exponential sales growth in either retail or aviation sectors. You’ll have an excellent network in your specialist sector and have a track record of securing 7-figure, multi-year partnerships with customers that align closely to their desired business outcomes.
As a key member of Pointr’s growing sales team, an ideal candidate will have a passion for building and sustaining senior relationships with customers - from first introduction to long-term joint success. Being a self-motivated, high achiever is a must!
We truly believe in all large physical venues getting smarter through our indoor location platform which provide location based services, personalisation and digital marketing. With our product live in 15 countries from Japan to Canada, we are very excited to grow our team and deliver our product to more and more venues / clients globally and we are hiring.
- Define, execute and manage Pointr’s channel and reseller go to market global network of partners. This is not limited to key activities to be carried out (i.e., negotiate commercial terms and agreements, opportunity requirement gathering and partner sales management and develop joint partner solution proposition.
Serve as the primary internal and external interface from a day-to-day partnership management perspective.
Develop and maintain meaningful, sales-oriented relationships with each partner’s executive leadership, regional management, key account teams and key stakeholders.
- Own strategic partner planning with forecast management and establishment of the Pointr commercial partnership framework
- Work in collaboration with marketing and business operations, deliver clear and concise communication and plan to partners.
- Provide on going viewpoints based on an in-depth understanding of commercial and market information to the CEO and growth team.
- Collaborate and provide support to internal and external stakeholders to help win new business opportunities in Aviation, Retail, Industrial and Hospitality sectors.
Build, execute and manage the Pointr channel, reseller and referral network.
Work closely with Sales and Operations to ensure the successful delivery of partner Proof of Concept at partner or customer locations.
- Extensive (ideally 8+ years’) experience working within a target sector (retail or aviation) in APAC, EMEA, regions
- BA/BS in Business or Marketing related field is a plus.
- Knowledge of the indoor positioning and real time location services market, industry trends, market conditions, and competitive landscape.
- A strong deal closer with a track record of maintaining focus on closing large, complex, 7-figure partnership deals
- Experience working with the Microsoft One Commercial Partner program (Microsoft Co-sell partner network)
- Experience in working with government and industry bodies (U.K Department of International Trade and the Bluetooth Special Interest Group)
- Previous experience in establishing and nurturing commercial relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrated previous negotiation experience in commercial agreements in (Airports, Airlines, Enterprise and Government sectors)
- Demonstrated strategic and sales approach with a focus on establishing presence and building relationships with clients or partners within the enterprise and government sectors for indoor positioning of people and assets.
- A degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline is a plus
- A diverse and friendly team of people from all over the world
- An environment where you will be surrounded by intelligent and hard-working colleagues with high motivation and a no-ego environment
- Empowerment & trust – the ability to truly impact & lead Pointr’s sales growth
- Competitive salary and learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests – focusing on your personal growth as well as the company’s
- Employee stock