Sector Business Development Manager (Retail or Aviation)
Pointr is a deep location platform scale up, based in London, pioneering indoor location / IoT for world's largest venues and brands, particularly in retail, aviation and industrial to date. Founded over 5 years ago, Pointr has a very strong technology focus, with its team composed of computer scientists (several PhD's and a professor) and a handful of patents under its belt. World renowned retailers (such as Harrods and others), some of the world's busiest airports (such as Dubai International Airport and London Gatwick Airport) in addition to global top industrial players (such as Bosch, OSRAM) choose Pointr and we recently announced a project with US Government (Department of Homeland Security).
In order to ensure we capitalise on the amazing opportunity that lies ahead of us, we are looking for a high performing Business Development Manager to accelerate Pointr’s success in its key target sectors of retail & aviation.
We are looking for someone with an outstanding track record of delivering exponential sales growth in either retail or aviation sectors. You’ll have an excellent network in your specialist sector and have a track record of securing 7-figure, multi-year partnerships with customers that align closely to their desired business outcomes.
As a key member of Pointr’s growing sales team, an ideal candidate will have a passion for building and sustaining senior relationships with customers - from first introduction to long-term joint success. Being a self-motivated, high achiever is a must!
We truly believe in all large physical venues getting smarter through our indoor location platform which provide location based services, personalisation and digital marketing. With our product live in 15 countries from Japan to Canada, we are very excited to grow our team and deliver our product to more and more venues / clients globally and we are hiring.
- Spearhead and develop strategic partnerships with customers – ultimately securing 7-figure multi-year deals that align directly to customers’ desired business outcomes
- Work with the Pointr’s Technical Sales & other functions to devise solutions, based on Pointr’s technology, to deliver customer outcomes
- Network extensively within the target sector to establish Pointr as the market leading name and “go-to” partner
- Work with the Pointr Sales Leadership Team to develop a strong strategy to capitalise on the opportunity within the target sector. Execute the strategy efficiently & effectively
- Ensure accurate & timely forecasting & pipeline progression using Pointr’s sales management tools (SFDC)
- Extensive (ideally 8+ years’) experience working within a target sector (retail or aviation)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – demonstrating outstanding ethics in everything you do
- A strong deal closer with a track record of maintaining focus on closing large, complex, 7-figure partnership deals
- High levels of tenacity and a true “can do” attitude
- A degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline is a plus
- A diverse and friendly team of people from all over the world
- An environment where you will be surrounded by intelligent and hard-working colleagues with high motivation and a no-ego environment
- Empowerment & trust – the ability to truly impact & lead Pointr’s sales growth
- Competitive salary and learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests – focusing on your personal growth as well as the company’s
- Employee stock